Recycle BC and COVID-19
The safety of everyone involved with the Recycle BC program continues to be paramount, and this includes everyone who works in our collection and post-collection networks as well as the public at large.
Like all businesses, depots are following new social distancing guidelines, including limiting the number of visitors allowed inside, instituting traffic flow measures and requesting people maintain appropriate social distances during interactions to ensure they are complying with provincial orders. We fully support depots following the guidance of the provincial government, WorkSafe BC and health authorities and ensuring appropriate social distancing guidelines.
Likewise, curbside recycling collectors need extra space to do their jobs. We ask residents to ensure they are maintaining an appropriate distance when interacting with workers and to be mindful to only include accepted materials in their curbside recycling.
Thank you for being patient, respecting the policies depots have implemented and providing workers enough room to do their jobs so they can continue to assist you.
To ensure everyone has access to the latest information about recycling collection, please download your local community’s waste collection app. Local governments use these critical tools to communicate changes to recycling services. If you are directly serviced by Recycle BC (see the list communities directly serviced), please download Recycle BC’s app. Like local governments, Recycle BC sends push notifications through this app whenever there is a disruption to recycling collection in a community.
As much as possible, we want to ensure the health and safety of everyone who is part of our system.
Recycle Resources During COVID-19
- What NOT to include in your recycling to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Recycling depot visit do’s
- Recycling storage tips while spending more time at home
- How to recycle common take-out packaging
- Keeping your plastic bags in check
- Storage tips from the pros – that’s you!
- Recycle BC Home Tour
- Re-use ideas you didn’t think of (and some you knew already)
- Quick, easy crafts for kids using your recycling
- Tips from the Recycle BC Team
- Recycle BC Resident Q&A
- Easy ways to manage extra plastic bags