Reducing the Distribution of Single-use Shopping Bags
Recycle BC and the Retail Council of Canada recognize the importance of reducing single-use items, including plastic and paper shopping bags. The City of Vancouver is challenging residents and businesses to reduce the distribution and consumption of single-use items (such as shopping bags, drink cups and take out containers). Information on the City’s work can be found here. Other communities in BC are also taking similar steps. Recycle BC and the Retail Council of Canada have worked together to provide a resource guide for businesses who want to act to reduce the distribution of single-use shopping bags.
Linked below is the guide and other resources for you to use. Retail stores can be the leaders in reducing single-use items and we hope these resources will support efforts.
- Reducing the Distribution of Single-use Shopping Bags: A Resource Guide for BC Retailers
- In-store and out of store ideas to reduce single-use shopping bags
- Bring Your Bag templates for signs or till stickers
- Sample social media posts
- Social media imagery
- Imagery and photos
- Recycle BC’s plastic bag reduction campaign