In Recycle BC’s fourth year of operation, Recycle BC provided reliable and convenient packaging and paper recycling services in BC and continued to build and strengthen effective partnerships, lead new recycling initiatives, uphold program performance and maintain financial stability.
- Launched our new brand in March 2017 to become Recycle BC.
- Over 174,000 tonnes of Recycle BC’s packaging and paper product was collected, amounting to a recovery rate of 75%.
- 1.39 million BC households in 156 communities had access to Recycle BC curbside or multi-family services.
- Over 1.8 million BC households had access to curbside, multi-family or depot services
- 98% of households had depot access.
- Recycle BC on-boarded the communities of Kamloops, Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Comox.
- On July 1, 2017, Recycle BC added the Boundary Region of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary (RDKB) to its direct service operations.