Under the BC Recycling Regulation, all businesses (producers) that introduce packaging or printed paper (PPP) into the BC residential marketplace are required by November 19th to submit a stewardship plan to the Ministry of Environment, or join an agency that has prepared a plan on behalf of producers.
MMBC will submit your letter of intent to the Ministry of Environment (MOE) by November 19th as evidence that you have appointed MMBC and are in compliance with the Recycling Regulation.
MMBC has posted a draft stewardship plan for stakeholder review on the Consultation page. A consultation on the plan took place on Monday, October 29th. Slides and an archived webcast from the consultation are posted there as well.
MMBC is seeking your comments and feedback on the plan. Comments received by Friday, November 9, 2012 will be considered when finalizing the stewardship plan for submission to the MOE Director on November 19, 2012. Comments received after this date but before December 14, 2012 will be considered when preparing an updated PPP Stewardship Plan to be provided to the Director in early January 2013.
You are invited to submit your comments to MMBC using one or more of the following tools:
- MMBC Plan Feedback Form: use this form to send in a question or comment, provide a more detailed submission and/or upload documents
- Participate in the on-line survey: use this form to answer questions on specific aspects of the stewardship plan and program delivery
- Provide written submissions to: email@example.com or Allen Langdon, Chair, MMBC, 209-1730 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1H6
In addition to the draft stewardship plan, MMBC also has posted the following documents which are designed to provide producers with context when reviewing the draft plan but are not part of the plan:
- Draft definition of producers for purposes of producer obligation and reporting
- Draft definition of PPP for purposes of producer reporting
For more information about MMBC and the plan, please visit www.multimaterialbc.ca.