MMBC Draft Stewardship Plan for Packaging and Printed Paper (PPP) Available Now
Stakeholders Invited to Review and Comment
Multi-Material British Columbia (MMBC) has posted the Draft Packaging and Printed Paper Stewardship Plan for stakeholder review.
In addition to the draft stewardship plan, MMBC also has posted:
- Draft list of recyclable materials that will be collected at the curb or in depots
- Draft preliminary activities to prepare for implementation
- Draft definition of producers for purposes of producer obligation and reporting
- Draft definition of PPP for purposes of producer reporting
These documents are posted to provide stakeholders and producers with context when reviewing the Draft PPP Stewardship Plan but are not part of the plan. These information documents will be the subject of discussions with stakeholders and producers during plan implementation.
MMBC Seeks Stakeholder Input
MMBC seeks stakeholder input on the draft plan. You are invited to submit your comments and opinions in one or more of the following:
- Consultation Workshop: Attend a consultation workshop in person or online by webcast to review and discuss the plan – Monday, October 29, 10 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. (Pacific Time). (See details below.)
- Presentation at the Coast Waste Management Association conference on October 26, 2012, Fairmont Empress, Victoria at 2:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
- MMBC Online Feedback: Use the convenient online forms to send in a question or comment, provide a more detailed submission and/or upload documents. All input conveyed in this manner will be considered as part of the consultation process. The online feedback form will be available on the MMBC website following the consultation workshop.
- MMBC Online Survey: Provide feedback by completing a MMBC Draft Stewardship Plan survey. The survey will be available on the MMBC website following the consultation workshop.
Reminder: Register to Attend October 29 Workshop on Draft MMBC PPP Stewardship Plan
Multi-Material British Columbia (MMBC) is hosting a workshop, with simultaneous webcast, to present information about and discuss the Draft Stewardship Plan for residential packaging and printed paper (PPP) in British Columbia.
The workshop takes place on Monday, October 29, from 10 a.m. to
Register today to attend in person or by webcast
In persion location: Robson Square, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Of Note: If you are planning to attend the workshop in person, you may wish to plan a networking lunch with others attending the workshop.
- View a list of local eateries
Stakeholders are welcome to submit written comments following the workshop. Comments received by November 9, 2012 will be considered when preparing the PPP Stewardship Plan to be submitted to the Ministry of Environment (MOE) Director on November 19, 2012.
Comments received after this date but before December 14, 2012 will be considered when preparing an updated PPP Stewardship Plan to be provided to the Director in early January 2013.
For questions about the consultation workshop, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the MMBC Website for Important Information About the PPP Stewardship Plan
The MMBC website offers important information about the PPP stewardship plan development process as well as a variety of options for stakeholders to be informed and to provide input.
It is recommended that you subscribe to MMBC’s RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds to get program news and updates delivered directly to your desktop. The MMBC Packaging and Printed Paper Stewardship Plan Blog provides a weekly highlight of important events, issues and ideas arising as we work toward and beyond the November 19, 2012 plan filing date with the BC Ministry of Environment (MOE).
Sign up and/or check back to the site often to find out about key dates and events, and review resources and reference documents.