Learn More About the BC Recycling Regulation and how it Impacts Your Business
As indicated in an earlier notice, MMBC is hosting information sessions, one on Tuesday, March 5 in Vancouver and another on Thursday, March 7 in Toronto. These meetings will provide important information about how the recent changes to the BC Recycling Regulation may affect you and your business.
We thank those who have already registered to attend. If you have not done so, we encourage you to find out about the meetings below, and sign up on or before February 26.
||– Vancouver, Tuesday, March 5
||– Toronto, Thursday, March 7
As a business that sells products with packaging and/or printed paper (PPP) to residents in the Province of British Columbia, you need to be aware of and comply with changes to the BC Recycling Regulation. The deadline for compliance was November 19, 2012.
This meeting will answer key questions such as:
- What does extended producer responsibility (EPR) for packaging and printed paper mean in British Columbia?
- How does the BC Recycling Regulation affect my business?
- How will MMBC’s stewardship plan fulfill the obligations required of businesses?
- What packaging and printed paper is included in the stewardship plan?
- Who is responsible for paying the costs to collect and recycle PPP?
- What role will MMBC play in helping business comply with environmental regulations?
- What types of penalties could my business face for failure to comply?
- What do I need to do to join MMBC?
- Once I’ve joined MMBC, what happens next?
- When will I know about fees and agreements?
Please register for either Vancouver or Toronto before February 26.