Multi-Material British Columbia (MMBC) submitted an updated Packaging and Printed Paper (PPP) Stewardship Plan to the BC Ministry of Environment (MOE) on April 9, 2013.
MMBC originally submitted the plan on November 19, 2012, as required under the BC Recycling Regulation and updated and resubmitted it on February 25, 2013.
The purpose of this updated plan, dated April 8, is to clarify:
- The relationship between collectors and processors described in Section 4.6;
- The objective of the research and development activities to address unrecyclable PPP;
- The current performance of the PPP collection system;
- Collection services described in Section 5.2; and
- The recovery target, accessibility performance and pollution prevention hierarchy performance measures in Appendix C.
The updated plan also includes:
- A modified definition of recovery rate in the glossary to change the numerator from quantity of PPP recycled or recovered to quantity of PPP collected; and
- A new Appendix B that sets out the number of single-family and multi-family households, by regional district, receiving collection service (from Appendix C in the Current System for Managing Residential Packaging and Printed Paper in BC, March 2012) and an estimate of the number of households currently receiving garbage curbside collection.
A version of the April 8 PPP Stewardship Plan showing the clarifications and additions marked in track changes will be posted shortly.