Today, Recycle BC released its 2017 annual report. In Recycle BC’s fourth year of operation, Recycle BC continued to provide reliable and convenient packaging and paper recycling services in British Columbia.
- Launched our new brand in March 2017 to become Recycle BC.
- Over 174,000 tonnes of Recycle BC’s packaging and paper product was collected, amounting to a recovery rate of 75%.
- 1.39 million BC households in 156 communities had access to Recycle BC curbside or multi-family services.
- Over 1.8 million BC households had access to curbside, multi-family or depot services.
- 98% of households had depot access.
- Recycle BC on-boarded the communities of Kamloops, Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Comox.
- On July 1, 2017, Recycle BC added the Boundary Region of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary (RDKB) to its direct service operations.