Recycle BC is pleased to provide its draft new Packaging and Paper Product Extended Producer Responsibility Plan (“Program Plan”) for stakeholder feedback. The Program Plan, which is renewed every 5 years with the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy (MOECCS), outlines Recycle BC’s objectives, commitments and performance targets for the next 5-year period, and acts as Recycle BC’s operational roadmap to discharging its producer members’ obligations under the Recycling Regulation.
To review the draft Program Plan, please see here.
Between October and December 2022, Recycle BC will be conducting a detailed public consultation process, including a number of consultation sessions, on this draft Program Plan. Visit our Consultation page for details on the consultation sessions.
Written feedback and comments will be accepted by Recycle BC until December 31, 2022 and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Program Plan (2019 – Present)
In June 2019, Recycle BC’s five-year Packaging and Paper Product Extended Producer Responsibility Plan was approved by the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy. During the preparation of the revised Program Plan, Recycle BC underwent an extensive consultation process. Information about this process can be found here.
Recycle BC’s approved plan fulfills the obligations set out in the Regulation on behalf of its members. The Program Plan focuses on:
1) Program Performance and Reporting Enhancements
2) Accessibility Performance Enhancements
3) Special Projects: First Nations Recycling Initiative, Greenhouse Gas Reporting, Streetscape Collection, and Exploration of Packaging and Paper Collection in the Organics Stream
- Recycle BC Program Plan Consultation Summary, June 2019
- Recycle BC (then Multi-Material BC) Amended Stewardship Plan, 2016
- Recycle BC (then Multi-Material BC) Stewardship Plan, 2013
- Definition of a Producer
- Recycling Regulation
- Recycling Regulation Schedule 5
- Recycling Regulation Guide
- Environmental Management Act