Recycle BC engaged contracted collectors and stakeholders in a public consultation on the Recycle BC program and collection agreements. During the two-day public consultation, we hosted nine workshops for participants.
Consultation on Revised Program Plan – Phase II (July – August 2018)
Thank you for providing feedback on the draft Program Plan. Based on comments and feedback, Recycle BC is updating the draft Program Plan and will again be consulting on the updated Plan. The updated draft Program Plan will be posted July 12 and consultation events will take place the week of July 16. More details will be posted as they become available.
Consultation on Revised Program Plan – Phase I (March – June 2018)
Recycle BC consulted on its revised draft program plan Packaging and Paper Product Extended Producer Responsibility Plan to our many stakeholders for consideration and feedback. Feedback will be used to further update the plan and conduct Phase II of consultations. The initial revised Plan contains enhancements designed to support Recycle BC’s ongoing and future success and reflect discussions and comments from its two-day consultation with stakeholders in November, 2017. Section 6 of the Recycling Regulation requires that every five years Recycle BC review its approved Plan and submit proposed amendments to the government of British Columbia for review and approval. Changes to the revised Plan include:
- Recent changes to the Recycling Regulation such as the clarification of non-resident franchisors as obligated stewards and extension of obligated materials from printed paper to paper products are now reflected;
- New eligibility criteria for communities with curbside programs wishing to join Recycle BC;
- New eligibility criteria for communities wishing to introduce curbside programs and join Recycle BC;
- Clear eligibility criteria and timelines for communities with curbside programs that wish Recycle BC to directly operate their programs; and
- Proposed material-specific recovery rates for paper, plastic, glass and metal.
Feedback on Revised Program Plan
Submissions were welcome until close of day, May 14, 2018. Thank you to those who provided feedback.
Webinar on Revised Program Plan
5-Year Cost Study and Consultation updates
- Watch the webinar reviewing the 5-Year Cost Study and Consultation updates (May 30, 2018)
- Note: The presentation begins at 17 minutes 45 seconds (17:45)
- View the presentation reviewing the 5-Year Cost Study and Consultation updates
- View the 2018 Cost Study Report
- View the 2013 Cost Study Report
Financial Incentives and Payment Methodology
Consultation Overview and Timeline (November 2017)
The Recycle BC Consultation was held on November 15 and 16, 2017 at the Anvil Centre in New Westminster. Following the consultation, there was a 30-day feedback period. The feedback received will help inform Recycle BC’s revised Program Plan and collector agreements. View the full consultation and Program Plan process timeline.
The Consultation Report is a summary of the feedback we received at the November Consultation. Click here to download the Consultation Report.