Recycle BC engaged contracted collectors and stakeholders in a public consultation on the Recycle BC program and collection agreements. During the two-day public consultation, we hosted nine workshops for participants.
Consultation Overview and Timeline
The Recycle BC Consultation was held on November 15 and 16, 2017 at the Anvil Centre in New Westminster. Following the consultation, there was a 30-day feedback period. The feedback received will help inform Recycle BC’s revised Program Plan and collector agreements. View the full consultation and Program Plan process timeline.
The Consultation Report is a summary of the feedback we received at the Consultation. Click here to download the Consultation Report.
Consultation on Revised Program Plan
Recycle BC is pleased to offer its draft revised Packaging and Paper Product Extended Producer Responsibility Plan to our many stakeholders for consideration and feedback. The revised Plan contains enhancements designed to support Recycle BC’s ongoing and future success and reflect discussions and comments from its two-day consultation with stakeholders in November, 2017. Section 6 of the Recycling Regulation requires that every five years Recycle BC review its approved Plan and submit proposed amendments to the government of British Columbia for review and approval. Changes to the revised Plan include:
- Recent changes to the Recycling Regulation such as the clarification of non-resident franchisors as obligated stewards and extension of obligated materials from printed paper to paper products are now reflected;
- New eligibility criteria for communities with curbside programs wishing to join Recycle BC;
- New eligibility criteria for communities wishing to introduce curbside programs and join Recycle BC;
- Clear eligibility criteria and timelines for communities with curbside programs that wish Recycle BC to directly operate their programs; and
- Proposed material-specific recovery rates for paper, plastic, glass and metal.