This summer Recycle BC is hosting a number of soft plastics collection events around BC! Join us as we aim to keep plastic bags, plastic overwrap, stand-up zipper lock pouches, crinkly wrappers and bags, plastic net bags, and other flexible plastic packaging out of the landfill.
Bring the following soft plastics to our team:
Plastic Bags and Overwrap
- Bags for groceries or dry cleaning, bread, newspapers and flyers
- Bags for produce, dry bulk foods and frozen vegetables
- Outer bags and wrap for diapers, feminine hygiene products, paper towels, tissues and soft drink can flat
- Bags for water softener salt and garden products
- Overwrap on mattresses, furniture and electronic equipment
Other Flexible Plastic Packaging
- Zipper lock pouches for frozen foods like prawns, berries, vegetables; fresh foods like fruit. deli meat, etc.
- Zipper lock and tear-open pouches for cannabis product
- Stand-up pouches for dried fruit and nuts, quinoa, grated cheese, dish detergent pods, etc.
- Bags for potato chips, wrappers for cheese slices and candy bars, cereal bags
- Packaging for dry pasta, pre-packaged deli meats
- Net bags for avocados, onions, citrus fruit
- Padded protective plastic like plastic shipping envelopes, bubble wrap, plastic air packets
- Flexible packaging with plastic seals for fresh pasta, cheese, deli meats. Plastic seals, like those used on yogurt containers, are also accepted
Check out our event listings and join us to drop off your soft plastics this summer!